Our Daily News feed and Current Affairs Quizzes are here to aid your preparation for General Awareness Section of various Banking, Insurance and Government exams.
1. Which Indian bank has tied up with National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) for assisting SC families?
a) Bank of India
b) Punjab National Bank
c) State Bank of India
d) Dena Bank
ANSWER : b) Punjab National Bank The Punjab National Bank (PNB) and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) have tied up to provide financial assistance for economic empowerment of persons belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) families living below Double Poverty Line (DPL).
2. A web portals named “TrackChild” has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to track the missing and found children. Which among the given has been integrated as citizen corner on Track Child?
a) Khoya Paya
b) Found Child
c) E- tracking
ANSWER : a) Khoya Paya The first-of-its-kind web portal will serve as a platform for people to not only report a missing child but also track the efforts towards his or her recovery.
3.What is the new foreign direct investment (FDI) limit allowed by the Union government in single-brand retail trading and construction development?
ANSWER : c) 100% In major changes liberalising foreign direct investment in key sectors, the Union Cabinet approved 100 per cent foreign investment in single brand retail trading (SBRT) and construction development and decided to open up Air India for FDI up to 49 per cent.
4. Name the first ever Indian to clinch an international medal in skiing competition in the coveted Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup held in Turkey
a) Himanshu Thakur
b) Hira Lal
c) Aanchal Thakur
d) Mohamed Iliyas
ANSWER : c) Aanchal Thakur Aanchal Thakur made history by winning India’s first-ever international medal in skiing in Turkey. The 21-year-old clinched bronze in the coveted Alpine Ejder 3200 Cup organised by Federation International Ski Race. She won the medal in the slalom race category.
5. Which Indian state has topped the Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) index meant to assess international trade logistics across states and Union territories?
d) Andhra Pradesh
ANSWER : b) Gujarat Gujarat has topped a perception-based index of mobility of goods and efficiency of logistics chain, closely followed by Punjab and Andhra Pradesh.
6. In which of the following state owned air lines, the government has for the first time allowed Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) with a limit of 49 percent under approval route?
a) Air India Express
b) Air India
c) Jet Airways
d) Air Asia India
ANSWER : b) Air India In the civil aviation sector, the government for the first time has allowed foreign investors to put money in Air India. So far, foreign airlines were allowed to invest in Indian companies operating scheduled and non-scheduled air transport services up to the limit of 49 per cent. However, this provision was not applicable to Air India.
7. Who among the following has been roped in as the official brand ambassador of Sikkim to promote tourism?
a) Ayushmann Khurrana
b) AR Rahman
c) Farhan Akhtar
d) Shankar Mahadevan
ANSWER : b) AR Rahman Music maestro AR Rahman has been named the official brand ambassador of Sikkim. The renowned Indian music producer will now be campaigning for Sikkim to attract tourists and business for the state.
8. Name the player to clinch the Kolkata Open International Invitation Snooker Championship 2018
a) Pankaj Advani
b) Aditya Mehta
c) Brijesh Damani
d) Laxman Rawat
ANSWER : b) Aditya Mehta Asian Games medallist Aditya Mehta has clinched the Kolkata Open International Invitation Snooker Championship.
9. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?
a) R.K Suri
b) Aneesha Mathur
c) Dinesh Sharma
d) K Sivan
ANSWER : d) K Sivan K Sivan, popularly known as the ‘Rocket Man’ of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), has been appointed as the new Chairman of the country’s space establishment.
10. Name the first Indian city to introduce the initiative of common mobility card for rides on public buses and the metro
ANSWER : a) Delhi Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launched a common card for rides on public buses and the metro. Delhi is the first city in the country to have a common mobility card. The card, which will function like a debit card, will be operational in all DTC and cluster buses from April 2018.