Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 10.03.2018
- PM Inaugurates National Legislators Conference on ‘We For Development’ The motive of the conference is to bring MPs and MLAs on a single platform where ideas and plans for development can be exchanged.
- India’s Biggest M&E Services Market, enTTech 2018 inaugurated in Mumbai The market, spread over two days (March 7 – 8, 2018) will see fast matchmaking between 100 international delegates and their Indian counterparts.
- ‘Wings India 2018’ Event Inaugurated in Hyderabad Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao inaugurated the biennial event on Civil Aviation and Aerospace titled ‘Wings India 2018’ at the Begumpet Airport.
- National e-Mobility Programme launched The objective of the National e-Mobility Programme is to provide an impetus to the entire e-mobility ecosystem including vehicle manufacturers, charging infrastructure companies, fleet operators etc. The Programme will be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) which will procure electric cars.
- Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim to resign over financial scandal claims She is internationally renowned and is feted on the world stage, and is the recipient of the L’Oréal-UNESCO award for women in science.
- Israel-US held joint military drill US and Israeli had launched the so-called “Juniper Cobra 2018” military drill that simulates a missile attack on Israel. It is the largest combat exercise between Israel and the US.
banking & finance
- Digital transactions could reach Rs 1 lakh crore by value by 2025 According to a report Transactions 2025 released by digital payments company AGS Transact in collaboration with ACI Worldwide, by 2025 India could witness around Rs 1 lakh crore worth of digital transactions every year with more than 80% of the transactions happening digitally, mainly being driven by higher adoption of Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- ISA-ADB, NDB, GCF, AfDB and AIIB joint declarations of Financial partnership The International Solar Alliance (ISA) and the African Development Bank (AfDb), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), the Green climate fund (GCF), and the New Development Bank (NDB) signed Joint financial partnership Declarations.
- Paytm Money Receives Sebi Nod as Registered Investment Adviser Financial services platform Paytm has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Paytm Money, has received approval of market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to become a registered investment advisor.
- Tejaswin Shankar Smashes National Record in High Jump Delhi youngster Tejaswin Shankar smashed his own national record to claim the high jump gold as three athletes booked their Commonwealth Games berths on the third and penultimate day of the 22nd Federation Cup Senior National Athletics Championships.
- Australia beat England to lift Sultan Azlan Shah cup in Malaysia World champions Australia have lifted the coveted Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey title. In the final at Ipoh, Malaysia, they beat defending champions England by a narrow 2-1 margin.
appointments / resignations
- TDP Ministers Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Y.S. Chowdary resign from Union Cabinet Civil aviation minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju and junior science and technology minister YS Chowdhary have submitted their resignation letters to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Prabhu given charge of Aviation Ministry Commerce and Industries Minister Suresh Prabhu given additional charge of the Civil Aviation Ministry. The President, as advised by the Prime Minister, has directed that Suresh Prabhu, Cabinet Minister, shall be assigned the charge of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, in addition to his existing portfolio.