Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams -13.02.2018
- Andhra’s Chandrababu is richest CM in India Chandrababu Naidu, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, is the richest CM in the country with assets worthRs 177 crore. The three CMs with the lowest assets are Manik Sarkar( Tripura) with Rs 26 lakh+ , Banerjee(West Bengal) with Rs 30 lakh and Mehbooba Mufti(J&K) with Rs 55 lakh.
- All villages to be linked by roads by 2019 as part of ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna’ The Centre is making efforts to connect all villages through a road network by next year as part of the ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna’.Earlier, the target to compete these works was 2022 but it has been advanced to 2019.
- Nitin Gadkari Releases Highway Capacity Manual As per the latest Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report, India is placed 8th in the list of Top Ten nations reporting the greatest annual net gain in forest area.
- Jharkhand to set up ‘Dada-Dadi’ park in every city Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that a “Dada-Dadi Park” for senior citizens would be established in every city of the state soon. The parks in every city of the state will be set up to provide relief to people from hot summer.
- World’s first robot ski competition held in South Korea in which self-operational humanoid skiers with two legs participated wearing skis. The robots were reportedly equipped with sensors, batteries and deep learning algorithms that allowed them to move on their own.
- World’s First ‘Autonomous Pods’ Unveiled In Dubai The UAE’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) showcased the world’s first driverless pods at the World Government Summit. The autonomous vehicles are meant to travel short to medium distances, and will have a capacity to accommodate 10 passengers.
- Pakistan to get first woman Hindu MP The Pakistan Peoples Party’s Krishna Kumari is poised to become the country’s first woman Hindu lawmaker next month, after the party nominated her for the upcoming Senate elections.
- India ranked 8th in the World in Terms of Forest Area As per the latest Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) report, India is placed 8th in the list of Top Ten nations reporting the greatest annual net gain in forest area.
- World’s Tallest Hotel ‘Gevora’ Opens In Dubai The world’s tallest hotel has been opened in Dubai, UAE. The global city also boasts of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, which is 828 metres tall.
- Kishan Gangolli Wins National Chess Championship For Blind Defending champion Karnataka’s Kishan Gangolli won the 13th edition of the National ‘A’ Chess Championship for the blind in Mumbai. The championship was organised by All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB).
- World Radio Day: 13 February World Radio Day is about celebrating radio, why we love it and why we need it today more than ever. A day to remember the unique power of radio to touch lives and bring people together across every corner of the globe
The theme of World Radio day is “Radio and Sports”.