Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 5.2.2018
- Centre clears Rs 62crore for cleaning Sal river The central government has approved a project to abate pollution of river Sal at Navelim in Goa at an estimated cost of Rs 61.7 crore.
- UP government in association with UNICEF launches DASTAK campaign In Uttar Pradesh, State government in association with UNICEF launched massive door to door campaign DASTAK to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanise Encephalitis disease in the state.
- 4,400-year-old tomb discovered in Egypt The tomb of ancient priestess Hetpet has been uncovered by archaeologists near Cairo, Egypt. The tomb, which dates back 4,400 years, is covered in paintings showing Hetpet hunting and receiving gifts from her children.
- After 154 years, Nepali tea receives international trademark Nepalese tea has finally received an international trademark, over a century-and-a-half after cultivation began in the country.
- Shi Yuqi won India Open badminton men’s title for the first time after having not won a single title in 2017. Shi Yuqi, the current world number eight, defeated Taiwan’s Chou Tien Chen in the Indian Open badminton tournament 21-18,21-14.
- Shubhankar becomes highest ranked Indian golfer India’s Shubhankar Sharma came back from a four-stroke deficit to claim a two-shot win at the Maybank Championship in Malaysia for his second European Tour title on Sunday. Sharma had won his maiden title at the Joburg Open in December last year
- Nicos again became President of Cyprus Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has won re-election for a second term. The official final result after a second-round run-off put the conservative incumbent on 55.99% of the vote, ahead of Communist-backed Stavros Malas on 44%.
A Range of Free Mock Tests for you