Daily Current Affairs Compilation for various Banking/Insurance/ SSC Exams – 9.03.2018
- Bengaluru gets first all-women-run rail station From March 8 (on the occasion of International Women’s Day), Banaswadi railway station in Bengaluru, Karnataka will be run entirely by women.
- Sanitary pad dispenser installed in Rajdhani Express On the occasion of International Women’s Day on March 8, for the first time in the country a sanitary pad dispensing machine was installed in a coach of Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express.
- Passive euthanasia gets legal sanction The Supreme Court of India allowed passive euthanasia after citing that persons have right to die with dignity. The SC also allowed an individual to draft a living will specifying that they not be put on life support if they slip into an incurable coma in the future.
- Diu Becomes First UT to be 100% Powered by Solar Energy Diu has managed to generate surplus solar power for its residents, reducing their electricity costs, in a span of just three years.
- ‘Freight village’ in Varanasi The freight village to be developed by the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) would reduce logistics cost in the eastern transport corridor and its influence zone.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan announces pension for single women On International Women’s day on 8th March, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Kosh’ scheme. Under this scheme, the women who aren’t married and are above the age of 50 will be given pension.
- Event named “ Vision for Future “ marks 70 yrs of Indo Russia ties To mark the 70th anniversary of Indo-Russia ties, Ministry of External Affairs (Eurasia Division) in collaboration with the International Federation of Indo-Russian Youth Clubs and BRICS International Forum organized an event called “Vision for Future” in New Delhi.
- Mumbai is now the 16th most expensive city.Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018 Guangzhou, a city in china, tops the list with property prices appreciating by 27.4% in last one year. The rise in Indian financial capital’s ranking on this count is supported by the rapid wealth creation in the country.
- Mumbai gets 47th rank in wealth index Mumbai ranks 47 on the “city wealth index” of 314 global cities in the Knight Frank Wealth Report 2018. The “city wealth index” is drawn from four major indicators — wealth, investments, lifestyle and future.
- RBI slaps Rs 5 crore penalty on Airtel Payments Bank for violation of norms The Reserve Bank has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 crore on Airtel Payments Bank for violating operating guidelines and Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
- RBI imposes Rs 10 lakh penalty on Equitas Small Finance Bank for failing to comply with a licensing condition of obtaining prior approval from the central bank for certain actions.
- RBI slaps Rs. 40 lakh penalty on SBI over counterfeit notes for not complying with its directions on detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- Virat Kohli named Uber India’s first brand ambassador Popular ridesharing app Uber announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- First Woman Inducted As Combat Officer In ITBP In another first for women, 25-year-old Prakriti has been inducted as the first direct-entry combat officer in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police.